Milton J. Womack, Inc. currently has an estimator position open within our company. The Estimator is responsible for the development of accurate cost forecasting of construction projects. This includes all conceptual, negotiated, and competitive bid estimates.
The ideal candidate should:
- have a Bachelor of Science degree in Construction Management, Engineering, or related curriculum or equivalent experience
- have 8+ years of professional experience in estimating/pre-construction role for a commercial general contractor or subcontractor
- have experience in estimating multi-family projects
- have experience with conceptual, budgetary and hard bid estimating
- have ability to create subcontractor scopes of work for subcontractor pricing
- have ability to analyze and review subcontractor bid proposals
- have experience in quantification and take off, especially with rough carpentry and concrete scopes of work
- have experience in reviewing and analyzing project specifications specifically Division 00 and 01 General Requirements
- have proficiency in Microsoft Excel and utilization of plan distribution software i.e. ISQFT and Plan Swift
- have experience in communicating and working with Project Architect, Consultants and Project Owners to develop accurate estimates
The Estimator position is located in Baton Rouge, LA.
The physical demands of this position must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit for extended periods of time and frequently stand and walk. The employee will occasionally lift and/or move office equipment up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include viewing computer monitors. Work is performed in an office environment during normal business hours; some overtime required.